Windows Update Client Error 20
does anyone out there? All rights reserved. Reply lakonst Jul 21, 2013 @ 09:30:17 Boot Windows in Safe mode and then try the operation again. (Using all steps in Method 2). I deleted some .edb files. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-failed-to-install-the-following-update/299231dd-b33d-4487-b106-dbe7eb4cc383
Event Id 20 Windows Update Agent Installation Failure
I have looked at well over 100 google hits and several youtube videos, searched bleepingcomputer and other window repair forums, no one seems to have hit on the repair that has Reply vicky Apr 21, 2015 @ 11:50:33 I am fed up with this error 0x80070002.. This will start the Automatic Update Service.
Reply Doug Dec 30, 2014 @ 06:19:55 Nothing works for me. In the command prompt window type Net start wuauserv and press Enter. Keeping an eye on these servers is a tedious, time-consuming process. Event Id 20 Windows 7 x 63 Rob Meere The error occurred whilst trying to update Office 2003 SP2 with WSUS also producing an error.
New computers are added to the network with the understanding that they will be taken care of by the admins. Event Id 20 Windows 10 To check for events in Event Viewer: In the left panel of Event Viewer, click Application and Service Logs.Expand Microsoft, and then expand Windows.Click WindowsUpdateClient, and then click Operational.Check to see Reply Henrik Sep 11, 2013 @ 13:39:54 Unfortunately, does not help! it worked!!
Related Management Information WUA Update Installation Windows Update Community Additions ADD Show: Inherited Protected Print Export (0) Print Export (0) Share IN THIS ARTICLE Is this page helpful? Event Id 20 Windows Server 2012 x 49 Hadley Robinson - Error code 0x80070643 - Go to ME830168 and download the Local Installation Source Tool (ListTool). Using the site is easy and fun. Fixit, yet only a couple have said this fixed their problem.
- When finished with date/time, press “Change time zone” to ensure that you have the proper time zone.
- Reply lakonst Oct 20, 2013 @ 09:27:44 Hello Andy, glad to hear that you solve your problem.
- Join the IT Network or Login.
- Every time I try to run it I get an error that states: "Installer encountered an error: 0x8007000d The data is invalid." Reply lakonst Dec 10, 2013 @ 18:16:16 Is your
- I tried this on ALL 4 COMPUTERS I have with this SAME issue, 2 of which are on the same domain, the other two are laptops.
- The installation of KB2676562 and KB2633171 failed.
- To do this : a.
- Restart your computer and check for updates.
- Reply Margaret Apr 09, 2015 @ 21:41:50 I took screenshots of the long version fix and worked my way through.
- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc735642(WS.10).aspx Windows Update Agent installs updates from Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or Windows Server Update Services.
Event Id 20 Windows 10
Example: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8007f004: Security Update for Windows 2000 (KB901214). https://community.spiceworks.com/windows_event/show/351-windows-update-agent-20 Nickname: Terminator Learning more about computers everyday Evan Omo, #2 Log in or Sign up to hide this advert. 2009/01/19 Arie Administrator Administrator Staff Joined: 2001/12/27 Messages: 14,750 Likes Event Id 20 Windows Update Agent Installation Failure I tried to upgrade to win10 by "get windows 10 app". Event Id 20 0x80070643 I have had clients that have had the tools installed and not be able to update. 0 Serrano OP Best Answer Chupathingee Dec 27, 2013 at 2:41 UTC
See ME888791 for details. Reply secretdec Aug 22, 2014 @ 05:14:20 Great. Check for updates, but let me choose whether to download and install them4. http://pubdimensions.com/event-id/windows-update-error-1003.php I'd usually try to reset the client or use the WSUS client diag tool. 1 Serrano OP Chupathingee Dec 20, 2013 at 9:05 UTC Here's a screenshot from
Select "English (US)" from the drop-down menu and then click OK. 6.
This problem is primarily hitting win 7 systems. BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP! Type rd /S %Windir%\SoftwareDistribution. Get More Info Login here!
Not sure if my situation applies to anyone else, but just in case, here it is. If you like to try my suggestion then you can find and uninstall the “Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile” From "Programs and Features" (Control Panel > Programs And Features).